Monday, August 22, 2011

Awards Season!!!



Thanks to my friend Emily over at the beautifully-named blog, The Silver Screen Affair,  I am having a Sally Field moment.  You like me!!!  Well, at least one of you does.



With gratitude and a humble heart I am the recipient of The ISBA, more commonly referred to as The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award.  To be perfectly honest, I wonder if a little bit of nepotism was at play as Emily is actually both a blog friend and a real-life friend.  I choose to believe that even if Emily and I were not friends she would be so enamored of my blog that she would use her power to bestow me with all the awards in her award arsenal.  Truly, this award is a great honor.  Though I would have been just as happy to have been nominated.  It has become a bit of a stressor, however, as now I am challenged with pulling the old tuxedo out of mothballs for awards season.  Maybe I am over-thinking it?

As long as I have been blogging, I have wondered who starts blog awards like the The ISBA and how they are perpetuated.  I must say, I am still a little mystified but very glad for the opportunity to participate and to pass along the award to other blogs that I follow and enjoy.  The rules of this award dictate that I must share some fun-facts about myself.  Truth be told, I was more than tempted to simply list the lyrics to Bo Diddley's "Who Do You Love?"  "I walked 47 miles of barbed wire, Use a cobra snake for a necktie, Got a brand new house by the roadside made out of rattlesnake hide..."  I thought better of it, however, and decided to offer personal information to whom only a few select people are privy.

"Who Do You Love" - Bo Diddley

7 little-known facts about Mr. Tiny:

1.  My birth name is not really Mr. Tiny.  It is Señor Tiny.

2.  Despite blog awards indicating the contrary, I am not irresistibly sweet.  I have been told that I am quite resistible and decidedly sour (by my parents....and strangers).

3.  Speaking of my parents, they are immigrants - my dad from East Canton, Ohio and my mom from San Bernardino.

4.  I was asked to play Jane Hudson in the musical adaptation of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" -  but only because I have Bette Davis eyes.

5.  The song "Wild Thing" was written about me while I was sleeping.

6.  I regularly point lasers at police helicopters but I leave out the batteries.

7.  Jimmy crack corn and I DO care.


Blogs to which I would like to pass along The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award include but are, of course, not limited to:


V is for Vintage
Beth at V is for Vintage uses her vast knowledge and skill in all dances swing to bring readers incredible glimpses into the world of the 1930's and 1940's.  She documents her talents as a designer/seamstress and keeps everyone's swivels in check.


Lil' Vintage Homemaker
Reagan at Lil' Vintage Homemaker is an inspiration.  She cooks, she sews, she repurposes.  My favorite part?  Reagan is a professional milliner and makes the headpieces for Pageant of the Masters  - the ultimate in trompe l'oeil, performance art and tableaux vivant.  Reagan can make anything out of a hat and a hat out of anything.


That's Just Stupid What You Said
This is a blog to which I really look forward.  I rarely laugh aloud at blogs, but Trixie has me in stitches regularly.  It is irreverent, silly, honest and relatable!  The writing is wonderful and I could easily see Trixie's madcap adventures and observations as a TV show.  I don't know her, but I have a feeling she will find this award a combination of funny, nauseating and bothersome; I can't wait to read what she has to say about it.


Seas of Science
Tabitha Esther is a "young lady working in the sciences," but she is so much more.  She is creating "Seas of Science," a science-themed stage show for kids.  It is part Muppets, part Mr. Wizard, part Pee Wee's Playhouse and all rock n' roll.  I know this show is going to be killer!  It gets us in a wacky tacky dither because she is actually making her dream a reality through DIY!

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Did you feel totally cool and put together when you were a teenager?  Neither did I.  Somehow, Dakota of Sweetheart of the Rodeo is totally cool and put together without trying too hard; I haven't detected even an ounce of pretension or cloying precociousness.  She has developed her own style by abandoning the strict rule book to which many vintage enthusiasts adhere.  Sweetheart of the Rodeo creates a dreamy world of storybook adventures through bucolic farmlands, abandoned houses and seaside retreats.


Thanks again to Emily at The Silver Screen Affair.  If you have not yet had a chance to check out her blog, please do.  Every post is a love letter to old Hollywood.  It is filled with movie reviews, great trivia, poster art, glamorous photographs, movie star biographies and amazing screen shots from the very best in cinema history.


Cheers!

Mr. Tiny

3 comments:

  1. Tiny! I'm so flattered! So stoked that you dig SOS and I look forward to putting on a great show to honor Wacky Tacky and The Irresistibly Sweet Award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at your little known facts!!! I'm honored! Thank you so much! Still laughing, especially about the immigrant part. I hope they're legal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, neat!! Thank you kindly for the award & flattering write-up!!

    ReplyDelete